Candidate filing for the Tuesday, April 2, General Municipal Election in Audrain County closed with several area residents vying for positions.
As of the Jan. 15 deadline, the following filings were recorded at the Audrain County Courthouse:
• one Mexico City Council opening; two candidates, incumbent Chris Williams and former councilman Michael Myers.
• two Mexico School Board openings; two candidates, incumbents Elwood Rice and Robby Miller. No election required.
• two Audrain Ambulance District Board seats – one in District 3 and one in District 6); two candidates, incumbent Paul Day and Jo Ellen Craghead. No election required.
• one Audrain Medical Center Board of Trustees seat; two candidates, Dr. Peter Perll and Constance Hesse.
• five trustee seats on the Audrain County Board of Health; candidates for the four-year positions are Joyce Carr, Sharon Stowers, Faye Fairchild and Patricia Burke. Sterling Oliver, David Buhr and Richard Webber filed for the three two-year seats.
• four openings on the 911 Emergency Service Board — two in the eastern county commission district and two in the western county commission district. Candidates for the Western County Commission are Paul Day and Edward Lang; no race required. John Weiser, Steve Shaw and Charles Scrogin filed for the Eastern District.
• County Special Road District 13; two candidates Jon Oliver and John P. Ogden.
• two alderman seats in Ward One; two candidates Larry Shaw and Raymond Sutton. Incumbent Dempsey Dixon is running in Ward Two and Ronald Stallcup in Ward Three, both unopposed.
• Vandalia Special Road District; two candidates Rennie Davis and Terry Newland.
• two seats Vandalia School Board; three candidates Kevin Motley and incumbent board members Christy Nelson and Charles Scrogin.
• two alderman seat; two candidates Ronald Greenplate and Gary Stubblefield.
• Mayor term; one candidate John W. Hoddeno.
• Mayor seat; one candidate Joshua G. Deimeke
• two alderman seats; two candidates Ono Monachino and Monte Hanson.
• one position Laddonia-Farber Special Road District; one candidate Teddy Hoyt.
• two alderman seats; one candidate Bill Dubbert. Ward One had no candidates.
• Mayor two-year seat; one candidate Pat Arens.
• one two-year Village Council seat; no candidates.
Van-Far R-I School District
• two three-year terms for school board; two candidates Helen LaRue and Kathy Taylor.
• Two trustee seats; two candidates Terry Davenport and Jody Todd.
• three trustee seats; three candidates Scott Batts, Tony Rutherford and Beanie Power.
Page 2 of 2 - According to Missouri statute, no election will be held if the number of candidates is equal to the number seats available, unless it's a city.
For more information about the April 2 General Municipal Election, call the Audrain County Clerk 's Office, 573-473-5800.