Food establishments inspections report
The Audrain County Health Department conducts frequent inspections of eating establishments in the county. The entities are graded on a scale of 1-100 by members of ACHD, and if accorded, critical violations are cited.
By state law, food establishments must be inspected at least once a year. According to ACHD Administrator Kevin Lowrance, "Our goal is to have a score of at least 94 with no critical violations" for each reporting period. He added: "Critical violations are defined as those that present an immediate and serious threat." Critical violations result in at least two points being subtracted from the total.
Following is a list of establishments graded in February, with applicable comments by inspectors regarding critical violations. All locations are in Mexico unless otherwise stated:
• Options Unlimited - 100
• Abels Quick Shop (Clark Street, Mexico) - 99
• Break Time (Hwy. 22, Mexico) - 99
• Subway (Vandalia) - 100
• Community R-VI (Laddonia) - 100
• Van-Far High School (Vandalia) - 100
• Van-Far Elementary School (Vandalia) - 100
• Dos Arcos - 100
• Mexico Middle School - 100
• Hawthorne Elementary School - 100
• Missouri Military Academy - 100
• Vega's Burritos (pre-opening inspection) - 100
• Eugene Field Elementary - 100
• Mexico Senior High School - 100
• St. Brendan School - 100
• McMillan Elementary School - 100
• Brick City Bistro - 100
A total of 17 inspections were conducted during the reporting period, with an average inspection score of 99.8.
Further information is available at the webite at www.acchu.org.