Mexico, Audrain County, Ledgerland results reported
Incumbent city councilman Christopher Williams defeated former councilman Michael Myers, and the Special Road District question to approve a continuing resolution for the maintenance of Audrain County's 500 county roads resulted in a tie Tuesday.
With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Williams garnered 55.71 percent of the vote and Meyers 44.29 percent.
Councilman Williams said, "I am very pleased with the results and I appreciate the opportunity that the cicizens of the community have given me. I will do my best to move forward on the ideas we have discussed over the last few months."
Former councilman Myers, whose aim was to make Mexico a stronger destination location and encourage the trend of young adults returning to Mexico to raise their families, said "I appreciate the people that did support me, and I'm sorry we did not come through. But I wish the best of luck for Chris. I look forward to him decreasing unemployment and raising the standard of living in Mexico."
The Common No. 1 Special Road District Question received 102 yes and no votes. An Audrain County Clerk Office spokesperson said "this is the first time in history that this has happened." There are two options. A judge can approve a manual recount or have the issue placed on the August ballot, officials said.
Following are the results of Tuesday's General Municipal Elections for Mexico, Audrain and other Ledgerland localities:
City of Mexico
• Councilman (three-year term. Vote one):
Christopher Williams: 390
Michael Myers: 310
• Health Center Trustee (four-year term, vote for two)
Joyce Carr: 457
Sharon D. Stowers: 526
Faye Fairchild: 672
Patricia R. Burke: 736
• Hospital Board of Trustee (vote for one)
Constance A. Hesse: 707
Peter D. Perll: 770
• Common No. 1 Special Road District (Question)
Shall the Common No. 1 Road District of Audrain County levy a continuing additional tax rate of thirty-five cents per one hundred dollars assessed valuation for a period of four (4) years?
• Special No. 13 Road District Commissioner. Three-year term. Vote one.
Jon Oliver: 340
John P. Ogden: 453
• Emergency Services Board of Director for Eastern District Director (four-year- term) Vote for two.
Steve "Gator" Shaw: 360
John A. Weiser: 501
Charles M. Scrogin: 465
• Mayor (two-year term):
Pat Arens: 19
• Ward II Alderman (two-year term:)
Bill Dubbert: 15
• Mayor: Joshua G. Deimeke: 48
• Alderman Ward I: Ono Monachino 23
• Alderman Ward II (two-year term): Monte Hanson 25
City of Farber
• Mayor: John W. Hodge 27
• Alderman (Two-year term. Vote two)
Ronald E. Greenplate: 26
Gary Stubblefield: 30
• Trustee (vote for two)
Helen LaRue: 5
Kathy Taylor: 6
• Trustee (two-year term)
Terry Davenport: 3
Jody Todd: 4
• Ward One Alderman (two-year term)
Larry J. Shaw: 49
Raymond Sutton: 33
• Ward Two Alderman:
Dempsey Dixon: 29
• Ward 3 Alderman:
Ronald Stallcup: 89
• Van-Far School District
Proposition 1: To choose by ballot two directors who shall serve as members of the Board of Education for a term of three years each.
(Vote for two):
Christina L. Nelson: 284
Charles M. Scrogin: 158
Kevin Motley: 290
• Vandalia Special Road District Commissioner (Three-year term. Vote for one)
Terry Newland: 261
Rennie Davis: 98
Village of Vandiver
• Trustee (vote for three)
Tony Rutherford: 12
Beanie Power: 9
• Monroe County Nursing Home Board
Richard J. Fredrick: 72
Jackie Bordeleau: 59
• Paris R-2 School Boundary Change
• Paris Rural Fire Protection District board member.
Thomas T. (Ted) DeOrnellis, Jr.: 162
Gary R. Wilson: 165
William (Hoss) Thomas: 31
• City of Paris Ward 1 East
Chris Popkes: 38 (Absentee results: 6)
• City of Paris Ward 2 West:
Kevin Embree: 64 (Absentee results: 4)
Reorganized School District No. 2. Board of Directors.
Heath Sellenriek, 971
John E. Woods, 825
Thomas E. Henke, 617
Stephanie Parrish, 578
Special School Bond Election Montgomery County R-II School District Proposition 2?
• City of Wellsville-Middletown R-1 School District
Proposition 1. Vote two. Term of three years each.
Fred Huebner: 7
Caren Blaue: 17
Phillip Peak: 14
• Proposition: Safe & Sound School
• Wellsville Special Road District issue.
• Middletown Alderman I
Roy Butts: 19
Robert Woodson: 18
First Ward Alderman (Vote one)
Alderman Second Ward: Berry Cullom
Alderman Ward 1 (Vote one)
Michael Spirz, 241
Susan Kemps, 120
• Centralia School District two elected – Bobbie Tetley: 714; Jed Angell: 670; Art Dollens: 144
Tim Grenke: 445; Catherine Simmons: 88; Farris Sanders: 53