On Sunday, at approximately 6:08 p.m. Mexico Public Safety officers and volunteers responded to the 2800 block of Bluebird in reference to a house fire. Responding personnel found a small fire on a mattress in the back bedroom of the home. The fire was extinguished with the bedroom suffering significant smoke and heat damage but the rest of the home receiving no damage.
Investigation revealed a small electronic device, charging with an extension cord under some of the bedding on the mattress. There were smoke detectors in the home and there were no injuries from the incident.