Obituary published October 21, in the Mexico Ledger

Russell Lynn Newbrough, of Mexico, died at University Hospital in Columbia at 4:25 a.m. Sunday, October 20th, 2013.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 10 a.m. at St. John's Lutheran Church in Mexico with the Rev. Mike Gallagher officiating. Visitation will be Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Arnold Funeral Home in Mexico.
Russell was born September 18th, 1935 in Paris, Missouri to parents Paul Raymond and Elizabeth Newbrough, who preceded him in death. On June 23rd, 1957, he married Martha Ann Hucker, who survives at the home.
Russell is also survived by his daughter, Ellen and son, Christopher (Pearl) of Mexico. He is also survived by grandson Ryan (Michele) Newbrough, of Quincy, Illinois; granddaughter Lauren (Josh) Logan, of Indianapolis, Indiana and great-granddaughter Zoe Leigh, also of Indianapolis. He is also survived by a sister, Ann Oligschlaeger of Mexico, along with numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a son, Jerry Lee Newbrough of Clayton, Illinois; three brothers, Orville, Lloyd and Johnny Newbrough; and two sisters, Flossie Armstrong and Ruby Walker.
Russell worked at Kaiser Refractories from 1952 to 1975 when he and Martha purchased Mexico Tent and Awning. Russell worked in the canvas trade making numerous awnings that dotted many business fronts in the Mid-Missouri area, boat tops that covered many boats at area lakes and truck tarps that protected many crops until he retired in 2002. He then worked at St. John's Lutheran Church in Mexico as a janitor and, later, at Pearl Motor Company in Mexico as a transport driver.
In his spare time, Russell loved to work with wood. He became quite adept at carving waterfowl and wall hangings, and, in later years, learned the art of Scroll-Sawing, with which he made beautiful, scrolled wood carvings, all of which hang in friends and family's homes to this day.
Memorials may be made to the St. John's Lutheran Church Choir, which he loved to hear sing on many Sunday mornings and to the St. John's Lutheran Church Relay For Life team.
Condolences at