The time is almost here for the annual "Christmas Countdown."
The day after Thanksgiving and continuing through Christmas Eve, The Ledger will publish area children on the front page. This year 18 children will be featured.
To make sure everyone – those in Mexico and surrounding areas – are treated fairly, there are specific rules set for choosing the children. Parents who wish to enter their child in the countdown feature are asked to abide by the following rules:
• Children may not be photographed if they have appeared previously in the Christmas Countdown.
• Children must be at least 3 years old (by Thanksgiving Day) and no older than 6.
• No more than two children (siblings only) may appear in each photograph.
• Only one application per child will be considered.
• No phone entries will be accepted.
• Letters must contain the names and ages of children, their parents' names and a phone number where parents may be reached during daytime business hours.
• Entries will be accepted until the end of the business day on Nov. 8.
• The names will be placed in a container, drawn out and numbered. Parents will be notified if their child's name has been drawn. (Please do not call The Ledger for information.)
• The Ledger photographer will take the pictures; however, parents are responsible for getting their child to the place where the pictures will be taken.
• Entry letters should be sent to Brenda Fike, Assistant Editor, The Mexico Ledger, P.O. Box 8, Mexico, Mo. 65265 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org