Money will supplement emergency food and shelter programs
Audrain County has been awarded federal funds under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
The county has been chosen to receive $7,714.00 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
The selection was made by a national board chaired by the Department of Homeland Securities Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross, Catholic Charities, USA; Church organizations/Ministerial Alliance of Audrain County; The Salvation Army; United Jewish Communities, and The United Way of America. The local board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas of the county.
Under the terms of the grant from the national board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1. Be private voluntary non-profits or units of government.
2. Have an accounting system.
3. Practice nondiscrimination.
4. Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
5. If they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board. Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
Public or private voluntary agencies interested applying for these funds should contact Steve Shaw at 101 N. Jefferson, Suite B-10 Mexico, MO. 65265 for an application.
The deadline for an application to be received is Jan. 10, 2014.