At approximately 5:26 p.m., Wednesday, Mexico Public Safety Department responded to the 400 block of North Calhoun in reference to a house fire.

As responding personnel arrived, flame blew out two bedroom windows at the back of the house and began spreading up the outside of the home.

The fire was contained and extinguished in that area with the bedroom suffering significant fire damage and the rest of the house suffering significant heat and smoke damage. It was determined that the fire was caused by a candle left burning and unattended in the bedroom.

There were no injuries from the incident.