At approximately 12:22 a.m., today, Monday, December 4, the Mexico Public Safety Department responded to the 900 block of Mansfield in reference to a house fire.

Responding personnel found fire in the bathroom moving to the hallway area around the bathroom. The fire was contained and extinguished in that location, with the area around the bathroom suffering moderate fire damage and the rest of the home suffering significant smoke and heat damage.

The residents became alerted to the fire by the heavy smoke filling the house. They briefly attempted to put the fire out, but were unable to and everyone got out safely. It was determined that the fire started in the area of a heavily used electrical outlet in the bathroom.

There were no injuries from the incident.