Little Dixie Fire Protection District Station 3 was dispatched to a structure fire on Audrain Road 241, east of Centralia at 1:08 a.m. Thursday to the James Robert White property.
According to Little Dixie Chief Ken Hoover, the structure was destroyed but the family which was home at the time escaped without injury.
An interior attack was prohibited due to the extent of the fire upon arrival. According to Hoover, all fire attacked was from the outside of the structure.
The cause of the fire appeared to have started around the wood stove flue and fireplace flue areas.
Little Dixie units cleared the scene at 5:58 a.m.
Little Dixie Station 3 and Station 1 responded to the emergency with a total of 12 firefighters and three pieces of fire apparatus.
Boone County Fire District responded as a Mutual Aid request.
There were no other damage or injuries.