On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at approximately 6:29 p.m., the Mexico Public Safety Department responded to the 1300 block of North Western in reference to a possible structure fire.
Responding personnel found that no house or outbuilding was burning but there was a large fire behind the homes. The fire consisted of items that had been cleaned out of a nearby garage and it was unattended.
The fire was extinguished and the person who started it was advised of the ordinances against these type fires. There were no injuries from the incident.