Mark DeJaynes has been making area residents look their best since 2011. That’s when he opened A Marked Salon. Located at 522 S. Jefferson, DeJaynes is the owner and manager and has earned a …
Mark DeJaynes has been making area residents look their best since 2011. That’s when he opened A Marked Salon. Located at 522 S. Jefferson, DeJaynes is the owner and manager and has earned a reputation as one of the area’s go-to stylists. He attended Mexico School of Cosmetology and enjoys all the community has to offer.
While he doesn’t advertise it, he has done a lot of work with cancer survivors, has served on the Presser Performing Arts Board and has done makeup for plays for years. He’s a supporter of the Village Square Association (VSA) and the Audrain County Historical Society, Altrusa, Heart to Heart Lunch, Jelly Bean Conspiracy, and he always helps with chamber of commerce dinners.
1. Where’d you start your salon career?
The first salon I worked in after school was The Fox Salon.
2. What’s your preferred title – stylist, barber, other?
I guess stylist; my favorite is Mark.....
3. Do you remember your first customer?
Yes, she was my sister's Barbie. She looked great with a bob!
4. Was it nerve-wracking, or did it feel natural?
I don't recall being nervous.....ever........I knew at a very young age this was what I wanted to do.
5. You were away from Mexico for a while, why did you return?
My sister lives here.....she and I are very close.
6. What are some style trends you’re glad are gone?
I am not a mullet fan. Everything has its time.....
7. What are some you’d like to see return?
I can't think of any.....hair styles are very subjective.....it is what makes you happy.....
8. When you’re not at the salon, what are you happiest doing?
I work all the time. This is my social time. I enjoy every minute. But I guess anything Christmas is my happy place.
9. And you’ve amassed a sizable Fire King collection – what are your favorite patterns?
I LOVE the Jadeiite, and Wheat. They are my favorites.
10. If someone has some of them in their basement, should they contact you?
If they'd like.....I have a lot!
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here